“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”- Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Last week of PST!

It will be two months already this Saturday since beginning my Peace Corps journey. Time is flying by. It's only Monday and a lot has already happened this week!

To start this week I was practicing for my language test with my language teacher and unintentionally and unknowingly asked her if she was going to have sex the next day in Tongan. So that was fun.

Then on Saturday I had to say goodbye to my host family. It was much more emotional than I realized that it was going to be. As I was leaving my host mom, Nate, gave me a hug and kissed my check. She told that she loved me so much and then the water works set in. As we were pulling away from the house my other host mom, Kalo yelled at me to "walk strong". I just love my host family so much and had a really great experience living with them. They are a big part of why the transition into the Tongan Way of life has been so comfortable. I will get to see them again on Friday at swearing in!

Now that we have left our host families we are staying in a guest house. It has been fun for the fifteen of us to get to live together under one roof. Sammy, Sami, Kayla, and I made a super bed in our room so it has been a big sleepover every night!

Today I had my final language test. I do not know what score I got yet, but I do know that I passed. To pass language you have to get intermediate low, but  I am hoping for a higher score! Fortunately for me (cue the sarcasm), I woke up with a stomach bug today. It is undecided if the stomach issues have been caused from the flu or food poisoning. All I know is that I have been spending a lot of time in the bathroom today, including stuff coming out of both ends. Sometimes even at the same time. It has been a long and tiring day, but I am hoping the worst is over!

On Wednesday I will finally find out what island/village I will be living on. SO EXCITED FOR THAT!!!! Then on Friday I will be sworn in as an official volunteer and within the next few days after swearing in I will be moving!

As always I will continue to update y'all after I find out more information! Love and miss you! and LET'S GO ROYALS!!!!!!

 Group 79!
 This little guy was climbing on my plate the other day!
First night in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment