“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”- Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, May 21, 2015

'Aho Fa'e

The Sunday following Fakame is Mother’s Day, same as in America. There is a big church service during the morning celebrating the women and different women in the church lead the church service. Instead of going to church I went with Meleongo to her sister’s house and helped prepare a feast for the women. The feast was for all the women that go to the Free Wesleyan Church in the Village Angaha (located above Tufuvai). After church all the women came to Kato’s house and got to enjoy a large spread of food. It was a full house! It would have been neat for me to get to see the church service, but preparing the feast was fun. A woman that was also helping with preparation kept saying things to me like, “Good thing you came” and “We never could have done this without you”, which is funny. My work efficiency that day was probably equal to if they had had a five year old there instead of me.








I also made Mother’s Day gifts with all my students. It was so fun and so cute! 


No comments:

Post a Comment