“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”- Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, May 21, 2015

'Aho Tamai


Finally, the third Sunday in May is for the dads. I found myself really missing my family on Father’s day. Of course I was missing my own pops, but I was really missing the memories of summer bbqs with my family on past Father’s Days.

Anyways, the fathers in Tufuvai led the church service and at the end of the service they were all presented with a lei and prayed over. Two PCVs from Tonga and Sami L came to church with me. It was fun to share the culture experience with them and it made my village very happy to see more palangis.







We also made Father’s Day presents for our dads. Though I failed with pictures. Only got one picture from Class 1 and 2. But I do have a funny story. In class three and four we were drawing pictures of our dads and describing them with adjectives. AS my students were working I was making one to as an example. After I was finished one of the kids said to me, “Bailey, ngalo ulu” you forgot the hair. I explained her that my dad doesn’t have hair ha I think your bald head is cute dad :)





No comments:

Post a Comment